***A W@lK +♡ R3mEM8eR***: Oslo, Norway

Thursday, December 20, 2007

Oslo, Norway

One day is more than enough to visit Oslo. There is nothing spectacular other than experiencing the extreme cold conditions. =p

Of course there are some nice tourist attractions, and one of my personal favourite is Frogen Park where there are many statues which are sculptured with no clothes, because the sculptor wanted it to be timeless, and of course it causes much controversies during the time when the park was constructed.
And for the first time in my life, I see the pond turn into ice and in the evenings people for there with their skates to ice skate. Nothing surprising because people always say that the Norwegian are born with a pair of skis on the legs.

Then there is the Slottet Castle which houses the King of Norway.
Another impressive attraction would be Akershus Festning which is a fortress. It was impressive mainly because there is very little tourists there as this is winter time, you see very tourist everywhere. =) But guess what, this is my 3rd time in Europe meeting people Singaporeans. I met Shawn in the fort together with his girlfriend. How small can this world be.
Then I stayed with Andre, my neighbour in Otago, New Zealand. He was so hospitable and helped me with every bit of settling down. He cooked a great meal for me and showed me his PWC office in Oslo. Somehow, I think I would fancy the opportunity to be an auditor. Lolx.
And I'm so happy that I finally got to see Munch's famous drawing "The Scream" in the museum. Even though the one I saw on internet was so much nicer, but it was really good. Can you believe it? Seeing a painting which was stolen the most times in recent history.

Then Dyanne brought me to SkiJump. A ski resort which is used in the Olympics. The scenery was awesome, but we were relly freezing our arse off there.
At night, Dyanne cooked a great meal of curry and stir fried vegetables. And her dessert was absolutely mouth-watering. Is so nice to always eat familiar food, and of course food that is cooked by fellow Singaporeans. =p
Andre was invited to the dinner together with Magnus – Dyanne’s bf. He is really nice and charming, I think that’s how he got the chic. Just not to complicate matters, I'm standing beside Magnus and Dyanne is standing beside Andre.

0 voice message:

Post a Comment

<< Home