***A W@lK +♡ R3mEM8eR***: Belfast, Northern Ireland

Friday, December 14, 2007

Belfast, Northern Ireland

The city that built Titanic. Belfast is like the Frankfurt of Germany. A city’s city. With many industrial buildings, and cater more for the business people. But at the same time it has so much history. The history of Northern Ireland with the United Kingdom as well as Ireland. I felt that I know almost the whole story Ireland.

When you walk down to the east of the city, you will find murals in Falls Road and Shankill Road.
This is mural is to commemorate the pride of the Irish.
This mural is to pledge Northern Ireland allegiance to United Kingdom.
And what do you think this is? The Commando in the Irish Battalion. =)
A view of the recognizable city center with the city hall and the Belfast eye.
The same picture taken at night – a city sidewalk dress in holiday style, in the air there is a feeling of Christmas. Ireland has long been war torn over the religion as much of the people in the Northern Ireland belong to the Protestant and the rest of the Irish are Catholic. So there is a war between the Protestant and Catholic. The church has lotsa power over the people in Ireland. In Republic of Ireland, you can expect almost 100% Catholism, but in the Northern Ireland, there is a division of Catholic and Protestant where rightfully should be Protestant as much of the countries in United Kingdom belong to Protestant. My host was extremely nice even though she had a chest infection. She cooked curry for me on the first night and Irish stew for me on the 2nd night. This is the Irish stew. Her cooking was so good, and she is one of the few that knows how to speak Irish fluently and she graduated from Trinity College with a degree in Irish. Her dream is to save up some money and head south to learn tradition Irish cooking. She is so nice that she even wanted to drive me to the bus station in the middle of the night, but at the end, she was just to sick to do it, so she called the cab and paid for it to drive me the bus station. Absolutely lovely. The street that I stayed in used to be the street where George Best (former Man U player and one of the best player in the world) stayed in. So it was so cool to see the street that George Best grew up in.
I got some time to watch the full 3 episodes of the Pirates of the Caribbean. Well, I watch 3 of it before, but I never did complete them, because I fell asleep in all the 3 shows in the cinema. Oppss…but now I finally knowing the whole story of the movie. And I just love Kiera Knightly, she is just too hard to resist.

0 voice message:

Post a Comment

<< Home