***A W@lK +♡ R3mEM8eR***: Lisbon, Portugal

Monday, November 26, 2007

Lisbon, Portugal

It is another great summer destination. However, it is also cold in this part of the world. First of all, I kena cheated by the Taxi Driver. 10 euros....argh!!
I must admit that I didnt do much research about Portugal prior to going to Lisbon, all I know is that it is has something to do with Macau and Cristiano Ronaldo. Thats all, but I'm glad I have go there and learn so much more about the country.
The people are generally nice and helpful and do you know English is their 2nd language, so they have to take it from 6 years old, so the new generation all knows how to speak English.
Even though the city is flooded with tourist, the feeling of the gothic Lisbon is still there. With old building structure and natural beauty, it just seems so good to be true.
Even though everywhere is close, the slopes make is hard to walk and longer to walk. Never in my life that I been going up and down the slopes so much, other than JCC in Brunei.
Personally, I feel that the sight of Mosteiro dos Jeronimos made my trip and just by seeing made my trip worth it. I dunno how to describe, but you know that this monastry is something that didn't come by easily....
Inside this monastry is also nice. With light coming in from the little window they have, it makes the whole place feel like we are living in the past.
Does this picture look familiar? yeah, you dun only see it in Brazil. This is my 2nd time seeing it, the first being in Cuba and now in Portugal. Looks like I dun really need to go Brazil to see this statue......
This picture is exactly the same one that is taken in Lonely Planet, looks like I can be the next photographer for LP. =p
All of us heard about the Portuges Egg Tarts, but how many actually tried it from there. I did. But is ridiculously priced, and is not Egg Tarts...Is Creme Bulee.... But is really nice...
Had codfish fillets with fries....
Our host, Carla and Ruy is super nice. Ruy is a director in the movies scene in Portugal and Carla is a arty farty person, who cooked us really nice dinner. How simple their dinner is feels like as if we are eating in a restuarant. :)Have been taking lotsa photos of nice nice things in europe, time for an ego trip....
Inspired by Davina in her Train pix...
The strength of a man...
If one desmond is makes the world a better place to live in...these amount of desmonds will make this world a perfect place to live in...=p

0 voice message:

Post a Comment

<< Home