***A W@lK +♡ R3mEM8eR***: Amsterdam, The Netherlands

Sunday, December 16, 2007

Amsterdam, The Netherlands

The city where the impossible becomes possible and the infamous becomes famous. The Dutch believes that they are free people in their own right, therefore they are the first country to allow same sex marriage, to legalized marijuana and other drugs, and legalized prostitution.

This is one of the many coffeeshop. Being a good boy, I didn’t go into any of the coffeeshops. Even though in life, everything, whether is good or bad, you should try once, but this time, I’m really too lazy to try. =p Then there is the Red Light District. It was something that I expected because I have seen similar ones in Hamburg, but this time it has more. And the girls wear lesser and exposed more. This place is more of a tourist attraction than anything. But having said that, ome of the girls are absolutely gorgeous, and sometimes, these tourists are preyed upon, and I think is pretty hard to resist. Lolx. I also visited Van Gogh Museum, and his art is really different from the rest of the art pieces that I have seen thus far. He draw simple and normal live drawing in dotted and lines fashion. He clearly brings out the expression of the people or object that he is drawing. And obviously, he only became famous after he kicked the bucket. I also visited Anne Frank’s house. Her story touches so many people in the world after the war. And to see what she actually go through during her hideout during the war makes me feel how fortunate I already am. The queue to visit this house is always very long, but it pays to be early, because there wasn’t any queue first thing in the morning.
Rembrandt’s famous portrait, the ‘Night Watch’ was turned into statues in this part of Amsterdam.
Then there is the famous sex museum that shows how sex was done and perceived from ancient times to modern times. Quite interesting I must say, but knowing fantastic.
Since young, I always want to see the Windmill of Holland, as I have seen it so many times on the TV and I finally got to see one in Amsterdam. It is not easy to find the windmills in Amsterdam, even the locals do not even know, but thank god, my host found it for me. The national flower – Tulip has so many varieties here. And are all selling for so cheap. There is a big market selling flowers. The tulips are really pretty.
They even have DIY kit for planting your own marijuana.
One of the most amazing thing that I did in Amsterdam and in Europe is to stay in an exotic place, and here, I stayed in a boat house. There are not many boat houses in Amsterdam, and I got to stay here. It was quite cool to stay on the boat, and it was really cool how stable it was, even though there are boats passing by every time. This is my beloved host, Binnie, who was so nice to show me around all the places in Amsterdam, and constantly stuffing me so much Tradition Dutch food. Amsterdam is below sea level, but the entire land was raised, and on the northern side, most of the parts are reclaimed. There are canals everywhere around Amsterdam, and boats can get you almost everywhere in Amsterdam, because all the canals are connected, However, there is no public transport in the canal. But one thing that is for sure, there are so much more tourist in the canal than on the land. =p

This is the typical nice canal plus city view of Amsterdam.
And this is the clock tower. =)
Amsterdam is not officially my top 3 favourite spot in Europe thus far. I Am sterdam.

0 voice message:

Post a Comment

<< Home