***A W@lK +♡ R3mEM8eR***: Wednesday - Internation Students Orientation

Monday, February 27, 2006

Wednesday - Internation Students Orientation

It was quite fun. We got a Maori welcome. They even the mayor to come down specially to welcome us and ended of by singing some welcome song to us. Quite amusing actually...

Took up so many forms and really want to get myself involved in those things that I really wanted to do esp things that I will never have a chance to do back home.

I have already signed up for Wine Appreciation course where we will end off in some winery to try some wine(a course which basically teaches you how to appreciate and know different kind of wines and of course to get drunk), Salsa and Ballroom Dance. I figure out that I wanted to learn dancing like 2 years ago and never really got the time to do it, and finally now I got a chance to do and the price is so reasonable. Lessons will start next week.

And finally, to do the things that I really wanted to do and also thus the reason why I chose to study in New Zealand over other countries. I have checked out the Tramping Club, Canoeing club, Diving Club, Horse Riding, Surfing and Golf. I'm pretty interested in joining them, but the only thing is that they have so many activities and I will have to prioritise them. But I'm seriously looking forward to it. Doing everything at student rate, it is definitely a very good deal to do all those stuff.

Got a International Student Party at one of the pubs, one beer is NZ$4. Got to mix and mingle. Finally, after 2 weeks in NZ, got to know some Singaporeans. One of them leave like 200m away from my house back in SG.

Ran into a slight fever man, because the sun was shinning in the morning, so I went out in shorts and Long Sleeves without a jacket, and while walking to school, it started to pour, and the weather turned for the worst. Walking in the rain, and feeling terribly cold...in NZ, you can experience 4 seasons in one day. Now is summer and is already so cold, I wonder how is it going to be like when winter comes...

0 voice message:

Post a Comment

<< Home