***A W@lK +♡ R3mEM8eR***: Paris, France

Friday, December 28, 2007

Paris, France

As intended, Christmas is spent in Paris, the city of Romance. We found a host from CS that gave us his whole apartment because he was back to his province to celebrate Christmas, so we got the whole place to ourselves.

Apart from the beauty of Paris, they do not actually publicly celebrate Christmas, there wasn’t a count down or party in the city. I should have known better because everyone in Europe celebrates it with their family.

We attended mass at the Notre Dame. The mass is celebrated in English, French and Spanish. The first time I could understand the mass in 3 different languages in Europe. J The choir was fantastic, it seems like all of them are from the opera. This is a picture of Notre Dame.
Then we met with Yingwen and Marcus (the scandalous couple) at the Eiffel Tower. That is the first time I see the tower. It was huge and at that moment, the only thing that struck me was it was so touristic. I heard about so many things about the Eiffle Tower, some told me that it is really romantic, and some told me that the place around that stinks, and I felt neither of those feelings. Apart from the tourists, it is really nice and I wouldn’t mind leaving in Paris for a long time. Then at night, we made a walk down Champs Elysees, which is supposed to be like our Orchard Road. Apart from the nice lights decoration, there is nothing exciting about that place. Ok, maybe with the amount of shops that the girls can spend endless time there.
Then, we visited Disney Land. Is my 4th Disney land in December for 3 years in a row, I seriously wonder if next year, I will be in Florida to complete my round the world Disney Land tour. But anyways, this would be one of the better Disney Lands that I have been to, probably is because I only waited for less than 20minutes for the space mountain. And there are a lot more rides that I got a chance to take, and I think the waiting time was really fast.
Met up with Edwin and his girlfriend and we visited The Lourve. The architecture was sophisticated and modernized. So you imagine what you saw for Davinci Code to be exactly what it is.
Took a picture of Mona Lisa smile, the picture that so many people goes into Lourve for.
And the famous sculpture of Venus de Milo.
Among all these attractions, the one that really steal the show was this modern art that captures the wildest imaginations of every human beings. Have you watched Ratatouille? Saw the shop with all the rats. And is interesting how they advertise rat poison. =p Met up with Imran and he currently has his own business in Paris. He is just so inspiring because he learnt French and now he is working as a translator. He cooked a great meal for us, pasta goreng. =)
Then there was the famous church on top of a hill, Sacre Coeur. We reached there at 12. And the lights went off. =( but it still look good. Then of course we can’t miss the famous Moulin Rouge.
I’m looking forward for my next visit to Paris already. It has just become one of my top 5 cities in Europe.

Merry Xmas!!! Ho Ho Ho!!!

0 voice message:

Post a Comment

<< Home