***A W@lK +♡ R3mEM8eR***: Good Friday

Friday, April 14, 2006

Good Friday

The Catholic Good Friday in the Roman Rite afternoon service involves a series of readings and meditations, as well as the (sung) reading of the Passion account from the Gospel of John which is often read dramatically, with the priest, one or more readers, and the congregation all taking part. A crucifix is presented, with the people given an opportunity to venerate it. The services also include a long series of formal intercessions. The solemnity and somberness of the occasion has led to a phenomenon whereby in the course of history the liturgical provisions have a tendency to persist without substantial modification, even over the centuries



-------------------------------------

I think I always have the tendencies to missed Good Friday masses, and I almost did it again today. The mass is at 3pm, and I woke up at 3.15pm. Then I rushed to church, lucky I reached there before the veneration of the cross. I'm sick, so I'm pardoned. ;p

Mass was pretty similar to that of Singapore, but Karla was telling me that she never seen such things before in Canada.

Went for a dinner which is organised by the Chinese. It was pretty fun to see sometimes they do not understand each other because of their accent. And I'm really impressed by their patroitism. They shared with me their history and policical affairs with Taiwan. I suddenly feel my knowledge when up by another 200%. I think deep inside me I feel more so a chinese than a Singaporean.

Other than fasting today, I have decided to make a sacrifice. I will offer Chelsea's game tonight to our dear Lord. May they not win like always. Let them be the sacrifical item. Man U all the way.

0 voice message:

Post a Comment

<< Home