***A W@lK +♡ R3mEM8eR***: The view of an exchange student and being an exchange student

Thursday, April 13, 2006

The view of an exchange student and being an exchange student

My perspective of an exchange student
Back in Singapore, students tried very hard to stay away from exchange students when it comes to project because their motives for exchange is to travel around and have fun, grades doesn't matter to them. So if you were to do any project with them, they will expect you to do everything. Yes, everything, heaps of my friend have very bad experiences with them.

I was in this finance class where all the exchange students want to work with locals, but all the locals tried so hard to avoid doing project with them. I only have an experience working with exchange student. he was hardworking and hand up work on time, so I do not have any problem with that. But it is so sad that some of the exchange students are not even responsible with their school work.

But I find them fun people to be with when I do activities with them, like cable ski, kayaking, trekking, and etc. They are pretty down to earth people, and it is so nice to learn a new culture and new perspective from them.

Being an exchange student
My friend once said that dun worry about exchange, the school will pass you, and in fact, they will give you very good results so that you will ask more people to go to their university for exchange.

The whole deal about exchange is not to study really hard, but to learn a new culture, the people, the place, and explore the other parts of the world. I find my interaction with the locals minimal, almost negligible. I hung out with International students more than kiwis, in fact the kiwis i know is less than that of my hands can count.

And you know about you wanting to avoid working with exchange students, but when ur here, you want to avoid working with the locals because they care so much less than the exchange students. They are really slack people, sometimes you dun even know why are they studying here when getting 50/100 is a good result to them. In fact, all my international friends who are also exchange students are so hard working, they study so hard for things that are not even graded.

Sometimes I feel a little guilty because I play too much, and sometimes I also feel a little guilty for working so hard here. I think the key word is to strike a balance, and I really want to do well without putting in so much effort, possible? hahaha, but the point is to enjoy while I can here. So many of my friends are due to return back to Singapore after their exchange, I still have another to go. i will start to miss so many places when I do eventually return back to Singapore.

Well at least I can look forward for my (free) trip to China, Thailand and Hongkong when I'm back in Singapore. :)

2 voice message:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

my mum says, don't marry a new zealander - too slack

18 April, 2006 00:25  
Blogger |nnoc3nt said...

den singaporean meh?

totally no life!!!

22 April, 2006 21:03  

Post a Comment

<< Home