***A W@lK +♡ R3mEM8eR***

Monday, January 22, 2007

Together with my childhood friends (whom I got to know since primary school) were surprising Amelia yesterday for her 25th Bdae. Sounds quite youngish, but we are all 25yr old adults. time flies, and we move on in life, and I thank god for this bunch of frenz that have allwaiz stayed with me for the longest of time.

There are also many others that I really do treasure, regardless of the time I got to know u of coz. However sad to say, there are many others who promise to be with u 4eva kinda thing, just disappear along the way. is sad but true. Oh well, this week, I have got another guest blogger. I share the same sentiment, maybe is because we are blood related...
-------------------------------

Where are they all? Where are the very friends whom vowed to you "Friends Forever" and "Keep In Touch"? I remember leaving my primary school feeling so very sad. Because there were so much memories there. I grew up there, I learnt my manners there, I learnt basic things like respect for people, I learnt how to pray and most important of all, I learnt how to love. It is sad to know that I no longer am in touch with these people from primary school. I try. I really do try. But it takes two hands to clap. And with our ever changing lifestyles, it is really very hard to keep in touch. I do see some of them in church from time to time. But when I see them, it is as if they have changed. They no longer want to be associated with people from the past. They treat you like a piece of glass and look right through you. I don't blame them because I also feel the same way towards the few of them. Maybe because of this, I don't have much close friends around me in secondary school. I keep my distance and people mistake that as arrogance.

With the few people whom I form my circle of friends around in secondary school, I vowed silently to myself that I will really try my darnest best to keep in touch and not lose them like how I lost my primary school mates. And so far, I'm proud to say that I'm still in touch with almost all of them. 8 years of friendship, still going steady and strong. I never thought that we would be celebrating our 21st birthdays together at all. But somehow, this batch of friends also have the same determination as me and till this day we are still meeting up ever so often. It is true that now all of us have moved on - some working, some going abroad for further studies, some in the army and others just bumming around - but in our own little ways, we try to keep the bond which we had in school. Because of our changing lifestyles, we often have differing views (naturally, we mature and stop thinking like 16 year olds) and quarrel, but I feel that it is because of all these quarrels, that we communicate even better and forge a stronger bond.

I went on to Poly feeling skeptical. It didn't help that I was self-conscious. I do make friends, but somehow we were not that ready to "keep in touch" and phrases like "friends forever" doesn't really seem to exist in our dictionary. We were just friends and that's that. Of course there was a special friend I have and till today I'm still in touch with. But I must admit that it is hard with her studying in NTU and me working crazy hours everyday. Telephone conversations that I used to take for granted, are now limited to maybe just once a fortnight or even just once a month. Meeting up just somehow seems to be out of the question for now.

Maybe it is because of all these reasons, I don't really want to be close to people who study and work with me because I feel that when we moved on, we would tend to just forget each other. Sure, we leave footprints. But the footprints get washed away when a new wave of friends come along. I'm probably just being emo here. But I do treasure this bunch of friends i made from secondary school and from poly. Sad to say, the very people that are closest to me are people who did not go to school together with me or even worked with me. They are just friends of friends whom I got to know, and for some, they are just people off the IRC whom I agree to meet up with. Maybe because of our online persona, we find that it is easier to talk, and when we meet, things go on alot smoother then friends whom we meet off the streets.

I do feel insecured. Why? Because I'm afraid of losing this bunch of people who have such strong bonds with me. Without them, I'm just an empty shell. I remembered some 2 years ago, I received news that a good friend of mine passed away in an accident. I cried almost every night for 2 weeks. It was then I realised that I should really cherish the people around me. I didn't get to tell her I love the way she is. I didn't get to tell her that she made a great leader. I didn't get to tell her she made a difference in my life. If you haven tell any of these things to your friends, do it today. Don't wait. Treasure and cherish them before time slips away and everything is just too late.

Entry by Guestblogger0509

2 voice message:

Blogger Emmie said...

well i loved your post.... u have such nice views on friendship... i liked the way u value your true good friends... on that note u can drop by My Friendship Blog sometimes and have a glimpse of something u may find interesting...!!!

22 January, 2007 20:25  
Blogger |nnoc3nt said...

thanks, but who r u?

22 January, 2007 22:05  

Post a Comment

<< Home