***A W@lK +♡ R3mEM8eR***: North Island Adventure Part 2

Saturday, July 01, 2006

North Island Adventure Part 2

Waitomo Caves is really very magical. Learnt how to abseil down the cave, did some minor caving, before doing a fly fox in the dark. and you won't know what to expect, coz it is in the dark. Then went tubing around to see the glow-worm. The water is really cold, one girl pulled out because the cold is really unbearable for her.

Then we did some swimming, going around the cave in awkward positions, and i was given the opportunity to lead the group. This is so weird, even though I'm like quite use to leading people in the dark, but this one is scary, it is like u dunno what to expect, and you have to go through it in squatting, proning, and climbing.

Now I know why canoyoning is so fun, the trill of climbing and down a waterfall is really damn fun. I would not exchange it with anything else. The final satisfaction of eventually seeing the light after 4 hours in the cave is satisfying. Because the frost is defrosting in the sun, when you look into the branches and trees, you see those array of lights shining through them, enhancing the enchanted surroundings, making it so spiritual and magical. That moment I knew life is definitely worth living for, and mother nature is indeed the most attractive and amazing thing around.

After I cleaned up, I need to go rush to Auckland. It is like 3-4hours away, and the worst thing is there is NO bus service from Waitomo to Auckland. So my best bet is hitch hiking AGAIN. Was really lucky even though I have to wait 20mins to even get one ride out to the main road, and eventually got a second ride which send me right to Auckland city. This is amazing...i drew a AUCKLAND on a piece of paper and I flag, it only took me like 10misn to get the 2nd ride. I start to think hitch hiking is really fun and challenging. First thing is, you really do not know if you will eventually get a ride, 2nd is that if the ride will eventual bring u to the designated place or you will need to change another one, 3rd is the potential danger u might face if you meet someone who does not have the intention to treat you well.

Through the hitch hiking, i learn alot more about the Kiwi way of life, like I have to engaged a conversation with them throughout the whole trip. So we talk about lotsa things. One of the reason why they would offer me a ride is because they need companionship for their long journey, so the least i can do is to engage both of us in an interesting conversation.

1 voice message:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»

23 July, 2006 01:17  

Post a Comment

<< Home