***A W@lK +♡ R3mEM8eR***: North Island Adventure Part 1

Saturday, July 01, 2006

North Island Adventure Part 1

Woke up early to check out my stuff from my room on the 24th June. Then went to the airport to catch my plane. Was really expecting a warmer North, I was wrong, Wellington is known for its wind chill. Freezing when I came out from the airport... Somehow I strong agree that low tempreature is even warmer than any wind.

Wellington is a really nice city, quite urban and lotsa cafes. Visited Te Papa, the habour, Mt. Victoria for a scenic view and walked the streets. That is pretty much it, other than spending my 1st time in a bagpackers hostel. It is like so nice, as if it is like a 3star hotel. Met Francesca in the hostel, how small can NZ be man.

Unfortunately, have to leave Karla and Laurie on the 3rd day to visit Waitomo Caves. Got myself a train tix and it took me like almost 10hours to travel from Wellington to Waitomo. Karla and Laurie is not really interested in Black water rafting and caving, so I have to do it myself. As soon as I reached the station, it is like 45mins before sunset, so I braced myself and hitch hike to the caves to save on some money. It is ridiculous to pay a double digit for a 10mins drive to the cave. Got very lucky as I got picked up on my first attempt on flagging, and he dropped me outside, so I have to hitch another ride in which wasn't too difficult. I got it on my first attempt too.

One thing that Karla and Laurie is totally against is hitch hiking because they say it is very dangerous, and I always wanted to do it because in life you have try everything once at least...and I'm lucky enough to get away unhurt, and of coz FREE RIDE.

1 voice message:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
»

23 July, 2006 01:17  

Post a Comment

<< Home