***A W@lK +♡ R3mEM8eR***: Toroa Welcome Dinner 2006

Friday, March 17, 2006

Toroa Welcome Dinner 2006

Today we had Toroa's Welcome Dinner 2006, it is like a gathering for all the Hall residents. We were told not to wear jeans, so have to end up dressing nicely...and I'm like so freaking lazie to dress up.

We went to one of the best place to dine in Dunedin, it is at the Penisular, very nice, and seem rather exlusive. :) It draws back memory of the Proms, where you take endless photoshots, drink your life away, dancing and no progs thou.

Is how lucky that I get to meet Daryl(the guy on my left) and he is from Singapore but most importantly he is from my unit. We spend like lotsa time talking about army stuff, is like the most natural common bonding topic and guys in Singapore will have, and like my friend say, if the guys start talking about their stuff, they can go on and on and on....it will never end.

The food was not too bad, lotsa meat(both white and red), so yummy. The people are crazie party goers. The party was so wild that people started kissing, yeah, everyone around me is doing it. You know lah, those normal kind of making out before moving on the main highlight of the night, hahaha, thats what ball is suppose to be about rite? In any case, CONDOMS are widely available(and free) in Toroa, so may this nite be gd fun and enjoyment for all. :)

Elena(the girl on my left) and the rest of the Italian girls insisted that I must take a nice picture with them and then show it to all my friend to tell them how good and nice they are. So here it is, presenting to you, the ever loving Italianos...

It is also quite nice to find people from home here, I got to met some Singaporeans who are full time and they are staying in Toroa. They are so funny, they say I am not on the right kind of MENTALITY here because I'm partying so much, they dun even feel i'm a Singaporean. Then I was telling them that is useless to be cliquish with people whom you already shared some similarities with when you come for exchange, must be open and go out to meet new people. Thanks one of the best thing when I'm the only Singapore exchange student here in the world's most southern Univeristy. :)

I walked my friend home because she wasn't feeling too well because he just found out a guy who is staying in Toroa is sort of like cheating on her. She was staying on top of the hill like 5mins away from my house. The night was terribly cold and the wind is so strong that I have to lean forward and walk. Even though, I have to walk back alone in this cold cold nite, I smell and touch the wind(not that I can't do in Singapore, but the feeling is different) and enjoying the beauty of the nite city that her location have to offer, it was worth it...

There is still a post Dinner party at one of the flats, I think I'm gonna give it a go, because I do not want to punish my kidneys too much...;p

0 voice message:

Post a Comment

<< Home