***A W@lK +♡ R3mEM8eR***: One step at a time...

Saturday, March 11, 2006

One step at a time...

Last week, I was torn as to which club should I sign up for(because the membership fee for joining either club is quite high), and both clubs have activities on every weekend. So obviously I want to be able to make the best out of my membership fees. You MUST be a member in order to participate in any of their activities. So a decision need to be made...

And I was really weighing the pros and cons for each activities, and realistically weighing which will best serve my NEEDs. In the end I choose OUCC(Otago University Canoeing Club).

Went for their first activity today, some intro to canoeing at one of their protected penisular. I joined the beginner's group(they assume everyone has no canoeing background). I learned the normal strokes and they had to correct my stroke, telling me why is it wrong. Different school of taught lah. But at the end, they say I'm a fast learner because I can execute all the strokes. Damn, really a mistake that I never borrow a wetsuit, the water was like ice water. And they actually made us perform Eskimo Bow Rescus. Oh my god, I was trying to hide, in hope that the time run up and I will not have to do. :) Then their president who saw me in the pool yesterday said I know Eskimo Roll, so he asked me to do one, and I bo bian have to do. The people are like shocked that I can do roll. I think they will be even more shock to see all the D2d people who will be able to do roll. But their roll really fool proof, I must strive to be like them. :)

We did some basic skills on the rushing water under the bridge, pretty cool, can do lotsa fun stuff. Then after lunch, we head down to the St. Kilda's Beach. The very first sight of it, was the waves, is so so big. Saw the surfers are having a good time surfing....

Then the president(Rodger) ask all the Freshies to watch them play, because it is too dangerous and they will end up bailing out instead. I ask Rodger to let me have a go, and he allowed. :) The condition is the same or even more wild than Ramaunia where I did my 4 star. The only problem I have is the tempreature. Is so cold, and I have limited clothings, even though I'm wearing a tshirt and a long sleeves. But I went on instead...

I think the freshies are thinking what the hell is this guy thinking man... Then went I moved out, I immediately execute a Pongo Surf...They were like this guy is lucky. Then I went to play with the waves, and can't catch any of the surf. Then when I was about to call it a day, I caught 4 big waves, I surfed on it. I only caught one when I was in Ramunia, and I caught 4 today....endless surfing man. And then I came up, the freshies was of coz stuntED. ;p

Yeah, and i strongly believe in perfecting(or at least be proficient in it) your skills before moving onto the next level. I really learnt so much, and I can't thank my 4 star course more than I would because the satisfaction that I got from the surf today marks the best part of my NZ time here.

I'm really happy that I joined OUCC, I will be moving on into river tml, wish me luck man, they say the trip in the easter will be the one where we head down the waterfall. Chance of a lifetime man, tell me how many people in Singapore who know how to kayak went down a waterfall. 9-12meters depends on tide. I didn't expect that a sudden burst of kayaking passion in JC lead me to take organise big expeditions, go for 3 & 4 star course, surfing with the big waves and going down a waterfall. OMG, this can't be true man...but it is really sweet eh.

I really dunno how to describe my feelings, is like a dream come true here in NZ. Totally enjoying every single moment, though I must admit that I truly miss all my friends, I miss my club's activities, hectic school life, going to church, meeting people for supper, chilling out, watch soccer matches, soccer in church, eating my mum's cooking, and so many more, but NZ is really compensating it big time.

The weather have been a blessing today, sunny whole day, thats what it should be for everyday. :)

0 voice message:

Post a Comment

<< Home