***A W@lK +♡ R3mEM8eR***: Riga, Latvia

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Riga, Latvia

I was greeted at the airport by my host Zane. She has to work during my stay in Riga, but we did however spend some time with each other over dinner. She cooked really good food, she make easy food good. Riga is a very small city and could be easily completed within a day even if you visit all the museums. It is full of history and it is like Singapore. With a strong port, every country wants a piece of the strategic location. You have seen it taken over by Germans, Swedish and Russians over the years.

My host told me that the Latvian boys are really boring and seldom go out. So the rumour about you can get a girl to sleep with you over a cocktail is almost entirely true.

Tough luck as there ain’t any sun, so the pictures are rather pale.

This is the independence monument.
The Cathedral of Riga which is the oldest Cathedral in the Baltic region.
Some random shots in the city center. I reckoned that it should be so much nicer during summer. But oh well, even though it was kinda glommy, but it still impresses me quite a bit.
Even though it belongs to the eastern Europe, you do not expect to pay eastern Europe prices. And it can also be as expensive as the Western Europe or worst.

0 voice message:

Post a Comment

<< Home