***A W@lK +♡ R3mEM8eR***: Budapest, Hungary

Friday, January 25, 2008

Budapest, Hungary

The trip to Budapest was almost virtually impossible because I couldn’t get any information from the internet as of how do I get from Bucharest to Budapest. And when I was in Bucharest, I found out that it will take me 13 hours to travel from Bucharest to Budapest, even though the countries are beside each other. I heard so many things about Budapest, and I know I cannot miss it, moreover, I have got a plane leaving Budapest to Amsterdam.

The 13 hours travel was worth it. I was greeted by my lovely host, Lilla, her dad and her best friend, Marianna. As soon as I arrive at their house, I felt at home. Her family was really nice to me. They served me good fresh wedges and pork stewed, and it was so good. And I was served with house wine. Yes, wine that they made themselves. It was so good. I was also thought how to drink wine the Hungarian way… The mixed cola with wine and it taste really good. I think it will be a good idea to mix rubbish wine with cola. Good wine must appreciate it.

Then after dinner, they took me down to their cellar and try all the different wine that they made. There were lotsa and lotsa wine, accompanied with cheese and walnuts. It was heavenly. The whole family in cellar drinking with me. And at the end, only Marianna, her dad and me left. Lilla need to study for her exam the next day, so she went to study, the rest of her family was kind of drunk.

I felt really touched by Lilla’s kind gesture as she had exam the next day, but she still make the special effort to come and pick me up from the train station and accompanied me for dinner. It was during her exam period, but she has everything planned for me. She got her best friend to show me around on the 1st day and gotta her another 2 friends who were tour guides to show me around the next day. She planned everything for me!!! She is so sweet. I just love her so much!!!

Guess how the name Budapest comes about. The north side of Budapest is call Buda and the south side is call Pest, and that is how the city is called Budapest. It is true!!!

This is the hero square, where all the past heros of Hungary.
This is one of the architecture.
What does these number means? Are we in Matrix?
St. Steven’s Basilica.
The parliament house.
This is a sight which is beside the river. The shoes are supposed to represent many millions of jews who where killed at this spot during the German occupation.
This is the night view of Castle Hill.
A picture of the famous Chain Bridge.
This is Budapest’s very own, statue of Liberty.
The night view of Budapest.
Marianna, and Lilla’s 2 tour guide friends, Eva and Dalma who accompanied me the 2nd evening. This is a small gift given to me by Lilla’s parents. They are so sneaky. They purposely told me not to buy this region of wine because they have bought it for me already. I have done my research and I know that the wine from this region is one of the best, but Marianna told me that it is not as good what she recommend. Lolx, Finally, I was naïve enough to believe, but I really like the present, the wine and Hungarian version of Chili Sauce.
This is the wonderful family (From Left: Lilla’s Sista – Claudia, Lilla, behind is Lilla’s mum and dad, and Marianna)
Budapest is definitely my top 5 location. I just love it, so so much!!! And I miss Lilla and her family and friends too.

1 voice message:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I am glad you had a great time at Budapest.

Your question:
What does these number means? Are we in Matrix?

That building is Budapest’s House of Terror and you can see and read the word Terror. No numbers there. :)

03 October, 2008 21:49  

Post a Comment

<< Home