***A W@lK +♡ R3mEM8eR***: Exchange @ NZ in a nutshell

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Exchange @ NZ in a nutshell

Thinking back as to why I wanna go NZ for exchange is rather funny. I heard from a couple about their exchange experiences in NZ and I was so fascinated by it, especially the cost that they told me they incurred. Of course, they did not tell me how much they scrimped and saved to make ends meet.

I have my fair share of experience to share with anyone who wants to go NZ for an exchange. 3 reasons why I want to do my exchange in NZ Otago.

1) European lifestyle with Singapore Standard of Living
2) Extreme Sports and Activities
3) The school is reputation, at least it requires a certain GPA to get in

Though I did not manage to even go to Pacific Islands, but I've enjoyed myself to the max. for what these two islands of NZ have to offer.

Lotsa good and positive take aways man. I experienced my much wanted extreme activities, a 100% Maori experience at the marae, homestay with a Kiwi Family, learn about the laid back life that was so contrasting as compared to back home, make lotsa good international friends, appreciated what mother nature has to offer and got lotsa good quality time to myself to reflect and think.

What else could I have asked for man? Like I said before, doing what I did in NZ is like a childhood dream come true, studying infront of a lake, mountains and nice cold weather. Playing in the snow and experience lotsa independence, especially so when I did the road trip all by myself, and how I eventually got so used to my life there...

Here are some of my favourites of my Northern Island Tour...







Southern Island Road Trip...


My friend was telling her parents that u can take nice photos of NZ anytime anywhere, but her friend(who is me) takes even better pictures with his camera. She is trying to say my camera is good, but i beg to differ. It is the photographer that make the moments worth living for. =p

Well obviously there is something that I dun really like. The AIRPORT in the Auckland. There did a manual check on the hand luggage taken on board. Obviously I was taking more than I can handle. They refuse to even give in to me knowing that I'm a student. I'm very sure Singapore Airport is not even close to that stingy. They are raping people off by those excess baggage charges they charge to the people. Dammit. I paid $175 ($35 for 1kg) for those excess baggage. Obviosuly I had more than 10kg. But I just told them I will throw away, but in the end, I just put back into my bag.

Imagine that I left 5mins for boarding, and they made me go all the way down when I was at the customs to pay for the excess baggage without even considering the fact that I will miss my flight. I actually ran all the way after paying to the gate. While running, they are already making the last call. Oh well, good lesson learn, no more excess baggage from now on.

Goodbye to all mates from NZ, will keep in touch with all of you, meanwhile, just make sure u guys continue to rock yah?

0 voice message:

Post a Comment

<< Home