***A W@lK +♡ R3mEM8eR***: South Island Adventure Part 1

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

South Island Adventure Part 1

I started off my long planned road trip in a clockwise direction from Dunedin. I took the southern scenic route and which was a long route to the south part of south island. However, I get to see lotsa wonderful scenery while driving there. I remember a decade ago when I came to NZ I saw a house being transported from one place to another, and it is literally moving house. And boy am I glad that I seen one more this time round. I took a picture of it while I'm driving at the same time. And it is pretty cool, but they really slowed down the traffic alot.

The southern scenic route is a less travelled route because the route is longer and I was like almost alone throughout the whole journey. Like driving in a lost island where there is the coast line, farms, and wonderful drive way, but it is just you alone. I was initially afraid, dunno if I went the wrong route, because it is really desserted, as in NO ONE else was driving. But after a while, I started to enjoy the company of the magicial nature. It is trully awesome. Ended the first night of my road trip in a YHA hostel Invercargill to cook my dinner and watch some TV. Then I drove to some camping site in the middle of the night and retire for the nite. The next day, that guy ask me to pay for parking there. This is so ridiculous man... Obviously I got myself out from it, but after a long "debate".

Next day's drive is even more cool. I drove the west coast of NZ. West coast has like the most amazing scenery especially the beaches. I can only see so much of it man, coz there is really like so much to see, and I have already try to cover as many as I can. But seeing is believing...

Ended up in Te Anu. It is quite a big town then I thought it is. The have a splendid lake there, but the only problem is that it is raining and foggy, so couldn't get the best out of it. Nevertheless it is still quite nice.

From Te Anu, I drove to queenstown. The drive was pretty awesome, as I stopped many times to admire the lake that is near queenstown. Really nice man. Like snowcapped mountain just beside the lake. Driving can never be so much fun with my trusty nachos.

Queenstown is so packed. It is like filled to the brim. So many people there, all are there because it is holiday and the skiing season. The last time when I was in Queenstown, it is not even 10% of what I see. SO many people, make me so sian of the place. 2 weeks ago, I was feeling homesick, mainly is because of being alone, and some stuff that went awefully wrong. But right now, when everything is more settled, it seems really a better idea to be travelling alone. I think I have so much fun, coz I really got to meet lotsa people, and of coz the new insights and discovery that I get to make everyday.

0 voice message:

Post a Comment

<< Home