***A W@lK +♡ R3mEM8eR***: 100% Maori & NZ experience

Monday, May 22, 2006

100% Maori & NZ experience

I spend Sat in Marae, and really had a very good time. Marae is like a place for gathering of the Maoris. But in this gathering, we were invited by the students who are taking maori culture lessons in Otago. They shared with us lotsa Maori cultures, songs, and stories. It is really an eye-opener.

There was this clift that was near the Marae which is quite nice.
Then saw this Angliscan Church just above the Marae. It was nicely located and was built but the scottish...
It has always been my agenda not only to get the max out of the adventurous aspect in NZ but also to learn more on the Maori culture in NZ. Not that I know alot about Maori now, but I know that I have taken this step that definitely change my perspective and impressions of Maoris and want to know them even more.

The Maoris woke us up at 7.30am. It was a good wake up call, coz we went out and we shall the sun-rise...it was awesome. Simple pleasures of life...

I think the SIF-Asean Fellowship have played a very big and important part in my life especially when it comes to understanding and tolerating cultures and customs. And befriending people from different nationalities.

This weekend really makes me feel as if there is no more school, and it is really a good place for retreat, where u withness this very real sense of calmness and traquility. I find it both spiritually and physically enlightening. And I long for more of such feelings again.

The host who is a Maori stayed in Singapore for 2 years. And the world is so small that both of us are related because he was there for some military exchange and he was in Singapore for Para training. And then we can talk about army life. So weird, first time finding a foreigner to talk about army life. hahaha.

Went with 7 other people from Toroa. Not only the experience in Marae is good, the companionship is equally good.
Now I can really consider myself having a 100% Pure New Zealand Experience.

0 voice message:

Post a Comment

<< Home