***A W@lK +♡ R3mEM8eR***: Berlin, Germany

Friday, October 26, 2007

Berlin, Germany

It was love at first sight. I almost bought the t-shirt, I Love Berlin. Is just so impressive that I came out from the train station, and everything was surreal. And after I get to see the nice sun shinning, so it just add to the list of why it is so nice to be here in Berlin.
Then there was the impressive Reichstag, which requires u to queue for an hour before getting in.
This used to be Hitler's bunker, and I must say, it is really craftfully designed.
There was the Berlin Wall where so many people died while trying so hard to get over the walls. Many tried, few have made it, why are so many people dying to move from East Germany to West Germany? Is freedom really that important???
The weather was only good for my first day there. The rest of the 3 days was crap. I couldn't even see sun for the next 3 days, even though there wasn't any rain at all. Winter just came too early too soon. =(
This is a picture of spring trees that I took when I was in Berlin. A new effect that I came to mastered. :)
All was not lost, as I literally walked the whole of Berlin. It is not really small, but I really love walking into neighbourhoods and discovering new things. I live in a Turkish neighbourhood, and I got my kebak for 2 euros and it is even bigger than Carl's Junior burger.
This is my host Nadja. She is really nice, told me about her bad experience from the past CS.
The first night, we had a party at home. It was great, we have a cooking session together. So I was taught how to cut potatoes. We have curry and wine, and the party consist of mainly couchsurfers who are host of Berlin.
Then I met an Italian call Miryam. We met up for 3 days we were there. She is so relax about life and told me about amusing life stories.
I also met up with Susi, a CS ambassador for Berlin. She was really cool and treated me to Szegediner Gulasch (pork rib with potatoes). It was delicious.
Then saw Klinke, she travelled the asia so many times and use to have a Thai boyfriend, she is really cool.
I also met up with my best friend when I was in ITAM, Nadja who is now working in Berlin as a consultant. It is just so nice again to meet up with her. And there are so much that we have to catch up and talked about. And I hope to catch her soon in Barcelona or somewhere else soon.
And how can I forget to try some of the hotdogs in Germany. Currywurst.

0 voice message:

Post a Comment

<< Home