***A W@lK +♡ R3mEM8eR***: Cologne, Germany

Sunday, October 21, 2007

Cologne, Germany

This is a very over-rated city. Many have heard how nice this place is, but it is just a student town after all, with exception of The Dom, which is a Cathedral. It is enormously huge, and is of course flooded with tourist. And beside this nice sight, there is the Rhine River which runs through Cologne, and a major shopping street.
Spend much of my time here resting and preparations for the rest of my trips in Nov and Dec. I finally got all my tickets to Portugal and Morocco. :)

We hosted by Leo and Luis who are really nice guy. Leo is from India and Luis is from Portugal. Both are doing their PHD in Stem Cells research, how cool right? I learnt something new today about the way you cheers to people. When you cheers to people, you have to always look into the eyes, rather than doing it for formality sick, because, if you do not do it, you will have 7 years of bad sex. At least this is what was told to me. Now, I will definitely look into the eyes of the people that I’m toasting to.

They are really nice people and guess what; they invited other couchsurfers along too. We have had 6 people sleeping in the living room for the first night. Thank god, I learnt to say “I’m sorry but I’m really tired, and I need to retire early”. This allows me to leave the bar early and get myself a good spot to sleep. With the 9 hours of rest, I so deservingly need, there is nothing more I can ask for. We missed our train AGAIN. Sad to say, my alarm clock didn’t ring because my time was an hour too late. DAMN. Fred did not set his alarm clock despite me reminding him 3 times last night. Argh….

But thankfully, we caught the next train at no extra cost.

0 voice message:

Post a Comment

<< Home