***A W@lK +♡ R3mEM8eR***: St. Albans, England, UK

Friday, September 14, 2007

St. Albans, England, UK

Paul, my friend from the army (my BCT section mate) is working here for a 6 month stint and thankfully, this is his last week, so everything works out really well. He is my adopter in London, his place is at St. Albans, and I got a room all to myself, though small, but sufficient. He showed me around his city and London as well. We have lost contact after we ORD, and just before I left, I organized an outing, and found out he is actually in London. So it was great catching up with him for the past one week. Not only did I found out he got a HOT Aussie-HK girlfriend who is an air-stewardess from Qantas, he is also a great cook. Pretty impressed at the Chinese food that he cooked, so learnt quite a few tricks and dishes from him. It was great. Even though it was a small town, it has the largest roman wall in Britain and the first pub in England by the name of “Fighting Cock”. There are many food that you have to try when you are in England. Fish and Chips (super budget meal @ 3-3.5 pounds, and is a truck-load of servings), Subway (1.99 pounds, sub of the day), Sunday Roast (or Steak and Ale) in pubs and of course their national cuisine, CURRY!!! And I must admit, did something really badddddddddd, went to wash my sandles and shoes in the washing machine, and it shrink and the glue dried up, so my soles and parts of the shoes came falling off. Tough luck, and imagine I still have 5 more monthes here. Sigh….

0 voice message:

Post a Comment

<< Home