***A W@lK +♡ R3mEM8eR***: London, England, UK

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

London, England, UK

Their budget airport is world class. I think they have almost everything and are really fully equipped in the airport. London at the first impression is really no big deal. Singapore is mapped up with Britian’s town plan in mind, and you will be surprised to find out that the people all around are a good mix of people from all ethnicity. Culture and food wise is quite diverse, and I still trying to understand why the England’s national cuisine is curry. I was expecting very expensive stuffs, but all are generally cheap and really worth the money, unlike Denmark and Sweden of course. But normally, be prepared to spend about 5-8 pounds on the food, after a while, the Singaporean who are here will ask you not to convert to SGD.
Shaun and me...

It took me about 40mins to really understand how I get from Victoria Train Station to my friend’s place. It is not at all difficult, but there are just too many funny details, and best of all, I took a tube (MRT/Metro) connecting to a train. You can get tickets everywhere, and is all linked. It is quite cool to travel to my friend’s place which is slightly (25mins) out of London. Then when I start navigating myself to his place, I realized that there are no street names. It was almost impossible to find a street name at the corner of the street. You have to use your imagination to imagine it out, but thankfully, with a little bit of luck and skill, I manage to end up where I was suppose to go and not go Holland.

Visited the normal Buckingham Palace, British Museum, London Eye, London Bridge, London Tower Bridge, Big Ben, Westminster and St. Paul’s Cathedral. Then met up with Eiliang who gave up his work for his greater passion of cooking, then Kunshan who is here for training for two months at Barclays and Shaun who is currently doing his exchange in Sweden. How small can this world be man. I probably know another 5-6 people who is in London now but didn’t have the chance to meet up with them.

London Bridge

Westminster

London Eye
Big Ben
London Tower Bridge
St. Paul's Cathedral
British Museum

Buckingham Palance

Then I went into the new financial district. It look really nice, you have the metro going over the river and then stopping in the middle of the building, it just makes the whole environment very sophisticated. I wouldn’t mind working here permanently. =p

0 voice message:

Post a Comment

<< Home