***A W@lK +♡ R3mEM8eR***: Who inspires me most...

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Who inspires me most...

I allwaiz thot those who made it big really inspires me most or pple who are close to me, but recently I started realizing who inspires me most. The fact that they are not even close to me, and yet creates an impact in my life, I guess the inspiration is definitely life-changing. These will probably be the 3 pple that I will MEET in heaven.

The security guards especially uncle ricky from SOA, the coffee shop boy whom we allwaiz call him "xiao di" at waterloo coffee shop and the indian photocopy boy in the library.

The things they do are really sweet and selfless, I mean after all today is frenship day, it is like the best time to recognise their efforts they put in to make all of us feel small.

Imagine you are being paid a minimal sum, working 12hours a day, when ur at a post-retirement age, running up and down a building every now and then, never failing to greet people with a smile and helping out all the students with the facilities and this have been going on even since b4 i enter uni. Gosh, this is not a job that any one wld want to take up (esp pple from my school), but yet they are the one who actually influence or create an impact on the future biz leaders. However, will all these future biz leaders cum to realize their existence at the end of the day is still a doubt. But one thing for sure, they certainly make my varsity experience complete and enriched and I would love to visit them even when I start to work.

This indian guy sits in the lib the whole day to manage the printer, and what actually strike me was that my cashcard was not working, and I had to print some very impt documents. He was helping me to trouble shoot the card, but at the end, it still doesnt work. Guess what, he took his cashcard and print everything for me, and did not want to accept the money from me. I mean, look, how much do you think a blangah will earn. And he is not even wanting to accept the money. Obviously I just left the money on his desk, but the point is, he is barely making ends meet, and there he is, selflessly helping others out. I'm just damn touched by his gesture, I aspire to be more like him....

The servers and I use to be very mischevious and kept making fun of this "xiao di" guy, constantly making things difficult for him, when he cums ard to take our order, but he still treat us very nice. His work rate is impressive, and his patience is certainly admirable. Over the years, I start to feel ashamed for those stuff that I use to do to him, like why on earth would you order Slurppy or Mr. Softee in a coffee shop rite? Crazy pranks we play last time... Coffee shop opens as early as 6 in the morning and closes at 7 in the evening, sometimes 9. Can you imagine the amount of working hours and the miserable pay he is getting. I mean, come on, if ur not the owner of the shop, u probably dun earn much. And yet, after ALL these years, he is still there now, and is still performing at his best. I totally RESPECT him....

So now who inspires you the most?

0 voice message:

Post a Comment

<< Home