***A W@lK +♡ R3mEM8eR***: Puebla and Cholula

Friday, September 08, 2006

Puebla and Cholula

Last weekend, the six of us travel to Puebla known for its 'mole' (pronouced as mole leh). This trip was near perfect. The destination is perfect, but the company....

Well, I never like to travel in a big group, but well, in the name of fun + these pple noe poco espanol + most are europeans so i expected a certain degree of seasoned traveling habits. At las....

I will speak about the good things first, and i dunno why, but I find myself lately going into bitching mood...

Puebla is very well preserved, and it looks so colonia, the feel is more like Europe than anything else. Not that I have been to Europe, but is just the feel. The church has the marvellous architecture, absouletly mesmerizing and it made me feel so proud being a catholic. And to date, I have already visited more than 10 churches, and all are impressive in their different ways.

I tried one of the best Tacos here, it is filled with Beef, potatoes and Chill. And it was so nice, that I have no choice but to go for a 2nd one. Larinda from NZ heeded my advice and tried, unfortunately, different people have different tolerence to the Spicyness of it, obviously she did not enjoyed it as much as I do. =p

Went to watch a cultural play b4 nitefall, and it was quite cool, because they were displaying traditional mexican dance and modern dance. It just inspired me to want to continue my ballroom lesson even more.

Thanks to my friend's boyfriend's friend who stays in cholula, we get free accomodation for the night. My friend from poland got herself a mexican boyfriend, this is so crazie...haha. Not that I have not seen such things in NZ.

The next day we went to visit the pyramid, the widest pyramid in the world. It was covered with grass and has a church built on top of it. It was amazing. My friend from the states was asking me how come people dun wanna get rid of the grass. Err, i dunno how to answer her, but I think it is best preserved for how it is, and I believe when people discovered this, it already filled with grass.
Then we went around the town, and shop in their 'market' and visit one of the monastry which is a church inside and looks like a castle outside. It is really nice. :)

Ok, now for the bitching part....

2 girls complaint that their bag ( for a 2 days trip) is heavy and need to deposit somewhere b4 we moved on, so we spent like 2 hours searching for hotels to deposit, but unfortunately, nothing is for free here. And we wasted 2 hours for nothing.

Then, one girl got lost, and if I didn't do a head count like after 50m from where we lost her, nobody even realized. We only manage to find her like half an hour later, because she did not have a mobile.

Then, they refuse to eat road side food, bcoz they r afraid of tummy aches, and constantly need to visit good cafes for afternoon coffee. Their logic of knowing which store is good is by seeing if the queue is long. How bimbotic...

Lastly, they couldn't decide on taking a bus which cost 58pesos, 52pesos and 40pesos. They refused to choose the cheapest one because they think the tyres will give way from the bus half way. and they say is not the first class, so dun take, argh, it is only a 2hours ride, why are you considering so many factors. tsk tsk.

But one good take away is that, whatever that does not break me, only will make me grow stronger, and yes more tolerent. =p

0 voice message:

Post a Comment

<< Home