***A W@lK +♡ R3mEM8eR***: Farewell

Sunday, May 28, 2006

Farewell

I am one of those people who just stand airport style farewells. I admit that I often try to think up clever and creative ways to avoid such traumatic occasions. Goodbyes I don't believe are every easy. We want what is good to remain forever. Sometimes when we are leaving our dear ones, our very words of farewell contain within them some desire for the relationship to endure beyond the parting. Expressions such as "don't forget your...", or "remember to call me when you get there", or "did you bring this..." actually disguised desires that the relationship will remain.

This is so real, I will be leaving New Zealand inexactly 2 months time. Yeah, I know some of you is going say is still so long, but you often will think like there is so many things to do with so little time left. And for all the friends that I know here, will it just close as my NZ chapter ends here or will we all live up to what we promise that we will keep in contact with each other?

I have been through so many farewells, like in pri skol, sec skol, jc, army, fellowship, obs, camps, and etc.

In fact, I think farewell not only means a closure for this chapter of my life, but it also marks a new chapter of something that is amazing. Like I'm sure I wouldn't have gotten to know some of you throught this or that activity. And after the formal closure it is really up to the 2 parties to make those point of contact to ensure sustainability in the friendship.

Is never easy to say goodbye. But with every goodbye, you will want to look forward in meeting the person again or doing the same thing again, unless of coz if u hate the person/thing so much, that you can't wait to leave it now.

Life goes on, and you always want to makes new friends and do new things. But you must always remember that everything you do and every person you meet shapes you for who you are today, so you have to make the memories last.

With every farewell, there comes a reunion, and when the reunion comes, memories of what happen then will start coming back to you, to fill u with sense of going back to the history and doing the same thing or meeting the same person all over again.

So when I do eventually leave, if I ever do say Goodbye, it means that I'm hope this farewell is a Good one, and that is why it is a Goodbye and not a Badbye, and rest assure that I'm looking forward for the next Goodhellow/Goodhi/Goodhug/Goodkiss/Goodtimes.

0 voice message:

Post a Comment

<< Home