***A W@lK +♡ R3mEM8eR***: Economy is the aggregate total of our lives

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Economy is the aggregate total of our lives

Not too long ago, I was enjoying what other the economist turned it as the "good times", then because of so many bad loans and credits that were swept under the carpet, overnight in May '09(albeit a little late - one year later than the world's crisis), I went from a hero to zero. I felt my worth was comparable to icelandic kronos. The world actually crashed on me. Or so I thought....

Emotional stimulus (from friends and family) was given, and I was able to tide the tough times in a short span of time. Then came the promise, the dream and the reality, I thought, this is it (no pun intended for MJ), I could actually do something different and change something in this place that we so feverently called our home. It was definitely an audacious attempt, the one that is similiar to that of the Obama's campaigne - Change and Hope. I have these 2. My world was riding on these 2, and it seemingly looked like it is heading towards and upwards.

Blind faith, or so they were called.

Recently, there is a spike in terms of the volatility in my life again. It actually went DOWN for a good whole 3 weeks. And definitely it seems like it is going to take a beating. And I was even thinking about performing a LB (Lehman's bailout). Thank God, he made plans.

I was so desperate in my life - twice. The first was for my O level results, I need to do well. The feeling of finally making my parents feel that regardless of how intellectually mal-function I am, I'm still able to do move on to the next stage of the education system. The 2nd time, was 2 weeks ago. Just that this time, I know I'm really desperate and I know HE is equally desperate to spend some time with me. I walked in a place that I so proud to spend almost half my life in. Spent some quiet and meaningful time. I felt peace within. Maybe people will say is the psychological effect. I beg to differ, I really felt like there was someone THERE being THERE for me.

Alright, if it wasn't convincing, just last week, I experienced life's greatest gift, which HE sent the message to us in His own ways and His own time. It was really amazing. Just like I never pay attention to sermon as I usually cannot understand the priest's diction. But last week, the sermon just struck me. Making me feel that things do happen for a reason. And yes, it was a way that god wanted me to feel, and the things that happened after. I had dinner to celebrate my dad's 60th birthday, and the family was for the first time having dinner and talking over the dinner. In the midst of the storm, I actually felt peace, like as if you know what you are actually heading for.

Then war started the beginning of this week, and today I saw the sun smiling back at me. Isn't all these so unreal? Like the nature of the volatility of life??

We all know that we will see the sun and the rainbow after the storm. I'm just hoping that I will be able to survive through it, the rest is not important.

But still, at the end of the day, I'm only left with one thing. Faith.

0 voice message:

Post a Comment

<< Home