***A W@lK +♡ R3mEM8eR***: Tokyo, Japan

Sunday, January 14, 2007

Tokyo, Japan

Arrive at Narita Airport and that was when it was my first n last time speaking english. beyond the airport, I hardly find anyone who speak the languages that i speak. The pictures below are very nice seasonal trees amongst the many that i saw on the streets of Tokyo. The weather in Japan is so nice. Maybe it is just this season, but I really like it alot. And for the people...they are so so fashionable. So much more than any celebrities in Hollywood. If you think the way they style themselves or the stuff they wear is outrages, you have to see what the japs do everyday man.

Saw quite a few anime characters on the streets. The teens really dress like anime characters man, real cool. The picture is Tokyo Tower, trying to copy the great big one in Paris.
Things in Japan is not exactly cheap. Especially Tokyo being the most expensive city in the world. I guess I won't feel of the price different regardless of where I go now, because Tokyo's standard of living did tamed me down quite a lot.

I went to Asakusa, it is supposed to be the most traditional part of Tokyo, but still it is really nothing compared to Kyoto (which I hope to go soon). This is a how Asakusa looks like...
Was really lucky to make it into the imperial palace because it is only open twice a year, and the day that I went was the emperor's bdae. This is a really nice place, with a very nice garden and a very nice moat around the palace. Something that is very different from the castles or the churches that I have seen elsewhere.
Went to Hakone to view Mt. Fuji. I was lucky to see at least the outline of Mt. Fuji, many who went before me didnt manage to even catch anything. Went to the hot bathe, the weather is so cold but when I hurried into the water, it was burning hot. So i'm stuck, cannot go in and I can't stay on top. Their suana was quite unique. It is like an oven, and everyone sit on the floor. People apply salt on their body before going in. Machiam they are like seasoning themselve for baking. lol... Met Taka at Yokohama, that place was built on a reclaimed land, and I must say it feels so much like Marina Promonade. A view from the day of a bridge in Yokohama.
And yes, I completed 3 Disneys within a year. Went to Tokyo Disney, and the queue was atrocious. I would never encourage people to visit Tokyo Disney. The average queue time is 2-3hours. And fastpass is out at 10am for most stations. WTH. K, enough of Disney, no more pictures. Refer to my album if you are interested to view more.

I stay a few nights in a capsule hotel. It was really cool. With my own private TV and my private space, of coz, the price was pretty reasonable too. And the traditional japanese bathhouse in my hotel. I love the food in Japan. It is always so fresh, and nice. They dun use much oil. The fish market is really amazing. There I see the amount of Tunas more than the people there, and lotsa exotic looking fishes.
This may be their secret to a country with high life expectancy.

0 voice message:

Post a Comment

<< Home