***A W@lK +♡ R3mEM8eR***: Basilica de Guadalupe y Angel de Indepencia

Saturday, November 18, 2006

Basilica de Guadalupe y Angel de Indepencia

Went for a short tour in Mexico City right after my lessons yesterday. Went to the much the two places which I am dying to go and dunno where is it only until like 1 week ago. I must say visiting Basilica de Guadalupe makes my trip to Mexico complete.

Basiica de Guadalupe is a holy ground. The site is nearby the place where it is said Our Lady of Guadalupe appeared in front of Juan Diego Cuauhtlatoatzin. This site is also known as La Villa de Guadalupe.

The new Basilica is the most important religious building in Mexico. It houses the original apron of Juan Diego that shows the icon of Our Lady of Guadalupe. Thus it is an important pilgrimage site and is visited by several million people every year. For more information please click here.
This holy ground has more than 7 churches altogether. It is really amazing, everything that gives you the feeling of a holy ground. From the paintings to the statue and to everything. The main church is half the size of Singapore Indoor Stadium. And I saw the apron. Oh my god, it is the image of Mary that miraculously appear on the apron of Juan. It is placed in the altar and u can view it from the basement which is situated strategically under the centuary. Is just amazing....
Now I can't wait to visit Vatican and the holy lady...

Then after which, i quickly rushed to the center of the city to catch a picture of Angel of Independence. This statue is like the representation of Mexico City. Very nice, I arrive just before sunset, but too bad, in Mexico City, you hardly get to see the sun, if you see it, u can replace once in a blue moon to once in a sunny sun.
Then I realize the night scene lights in Mexico City is so similar to that of HK (my dream working destination). Plus the cold air, and the rushing traffic, it makes me miss HK so much, argh, i want to go back to HK.....

Then as I was walking to my subway, decided to prac my nite shot skill, and i thot the lightings n the walkway was quite nice....
Went for this small tour with 2 hours of sleep the night b4 plus no breakfast n lunch and it was appraoching dinner time. I was almost dead when I finally had my bite of tacos...but the tacos is juz magical. hahaha...nice and gd. I will miss the food soon in less than a month.

0 voice message:

Post a Comment

<< Home