***A W@lK +♡ R3mEM8eR***: Professionalism

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Professionalism

This week I withness 2nd presentation in this university. I must say that I'm proud to be from my home university. There is alays an element of surprise, creativity and enthusiasm in almost all presentation back home.

but the presentation here are really, average or below. My tutor ask us to be critical on our ratings for the presentation, and he admitted that he is really critical, and he is giving them 7-8/10. gosh, i really dunno how to grade them man. Look at cue cards to present ALL the time, no eye contact, lotsa body movements, boring ppts, and absolutely no interesting contents.

And mind you i'm taking the 200-300level papers, which means to say it is definitely not freshmen. Even my home university freshmen standard is better than here anytime.

I think this experience really opens my perspective to things out SG. If not we always take everything as it is. I'm learning more about the student's culture here. Having said all these, I still feel that the profs here are really good and professional, though the students' professionalism beg to differ. I'm particularly impressed with the Psychology Department. Their profs are all so charismatic and their research is really outstanding. And their lectures is something that I won't want to miss. Can you imagine that they have 2 lectures on lecture days and it occupies the entire auditorium of about 300 students each time and is always full, that means nobodie zhao class. The rest of my papers so many people zhao class. So...I'm really impressed with PSYC department.

At the rate that i'm going, i dun wanna do well also cannot, because it is really a different standard. Ok, if I behave like them, then probably I can blend in really well...hahaha. Yeah, i should, but i do not want to go thruough a transition to blend into my home university when i go back for my last semester.

Anyway, I'm saying this not because I ya-ya, but it is merely a difference in expectations and perceptions. Having said all this, I'm still confident that they will be students to be reckoned with in time to come...it is only matter of time. Some will take a while, some will take a long time, and for some....much much longer time.

0 voice message:

Post a Comment

<< Home