***A W@lK +♡ R3mEM8eR***: Bohol, Philippines

Saturday, July 14, 2007

Bohol, Philippines

Bohol is known for two things the chocolate hills and the tarsier monkeys. You can really finish Bohol within a day, which is exactly what I did. and you probably can walk Pangnao island on foot within a day too. :)

I dun really understand why is it called chocolate hills, when the hills are all green. maybe last time it is just soil, and that is why they are called chocolate hills. There are lotsa hills that shaped like the picture below. it is caused by some plate tectonic movement.

Then you will also get to see the Tarsier. Oh my gosh, they are just so cute. From the words of Mr B, "u can even feel that they are so fragile on your hands that they can just die on it". They are really cute and when u hold onto them, the feeling is so....i just dunno how to describe it.
A close up picture of the tarsier. :)

Like what I mentioned earlier on, I did a visit on foot around pangnao island. But the look on the map it is a matter of 15km and a return trip wld be about 30km which wld take about 7hrs at most. And I almost died when I climb up to one of the hills. I was so thirsty (never bring any water with me), that I just went up to the guard who is guarding a comms post at the top of the hill and asked him for some water. He cut coconuts for me and when I asked for the price and he told me that is free. He cut like 4 coconuts to quench my thirst and we just sat there n tok. Is really nice to know that there is still a innocent and nice police around in Philippines. Because most of the guards and police there are kinda corrupted and money hungry. And he has to take on 3 jobs to make ends meet.

0 voice message:

Post a Comment

<< Home