***A W@lK +♡ R3mEM8eR***: Different way of grading...

Saturday, November 25, 2006

Different way of grading...

Today I attempted my spanish exam. Well, how hard can it be considering the fact that I was given the liberty of using my dictionary. And yes, a beginner spanish exam with the aid of a dictionary.

The test wasn't exactly hard, but were things that I weren't taught before, and certainly I can't learn it myself. And dictionary didn't help me much other than understanding what the whole passage was all about.

I reluctantly submitted my paper for my prof to mark. Before he mark, he read my paper and say that it was well done, and my first reaction "how was this possible?" He then took his pen and mark my paper, and guess what, i barely passed it. It was slightly more rights than wrongs.

What surprises me was not the difficulty of the paper but rather, after he explained to me my mistakes he asked me if i want to take back the paper, and I say yes. I swear he did not even count how many right or wrong I have, and he told me my presentation result and assured me that I will get a 9/10 for overall.

Then I say, how is this possible, u mentioned 50% for presentation and 50% for finals, and judging my finals, I am not anywhere near even a 7. Then he say, his idea of an exam is not to test how much a student know but to do a self check on where he did not cover in his teachings, and will make extra effort to cover this in his next class. So the final exam is to actually to access his teachings instead of our competency. Oh my gosh, never have i gotten such funny logic, but oh well, I believe teachers are also a form of inspiration to many in lotsa ways. And this prof have definitely touch my heart, not bcoz he gave me the high grades, i dun even need like even a 7. I just need a 6 to successfully transfer this course back home.

After the exam, went out with the prof for lunch and for a couple of beer. Shared some of our views on politics (school, country, etc) and our perspective of our lives... It was an interesting 2 hours chilling, and I'm sure I will visit him again before I eventually leave Mexico.

On the other hand, my risk mgmt prof is making me hate indians from india 100 times more. Never have i been racist, but i think he is not being very kind and fair to me. Oh well, I'm sure god has his plans, come what may.

2 more exams to go...

0 voice message:

Post a Comment

<< Home